Westbrook offers Parent-Child sessions during the Fall, Winter, and Spring, with one 2-hour class per week from 9-11am (our winter class is 90 minutes from 9:30-11am). Parents can enroll at any time throughout the session, assuming space is available. We encourage you to enroll early as space is limited, and there is usually a wait list. Please note that participation in the Parent-Child Program does not guarantee a place for your child in the Mixed-Age Kindergarten Program.
Our Fall 2020 session will run on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays from September 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th through December 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th.
Our Winter 2021 session will run on Thursdays and Fridays from January 7th and 8th through March 4th and 5th.
The Westbrook Pandemic Policy for preventing the spread of COVID-19 follows the recommendations of the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood (OEC), which receives its guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the governor’s office. Basic preventative measures are strictly upheld in our Parent-Child Classes and include the following:
- All staff, parents, and caregivers must use face coverings and keep a distance of 6 feet from others as much as possible.
- Each Parent-Child class will have no more than 12 total attendees.
- Temperatures and health screening of staff, parents, caregivers, and children will be taken prior to entering the Parent-Child play yard.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of play equipment.
- All staff shall cover their mouths with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and encourage children to do the same; and dispose of soiled tissues immediately after use.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, or mouth with hands.
- Ensure anyone showing signs of sickness stays home.
- Implement social distancing where possible.
Parents are asked to sign a form acknowledging that they have read and understand our Pandemic Policy as well as sign a waiver.